Sandy Lake Improvement Association (SLIA)
Volunteers Facebook: Bonnie Menshek email: email@example.com Website: Linda Ferris email: firstname.lastname@example.org Secchi Disc: Terese Cullinan & Ray Peters
INVASIVE SPECIES ALERT! Purple Loosestrife on Sandy Lake
SLIA August 2024 Annual Lake Meeting & Picnic
2024 Lake Meeting
2024 Lake Picnic
IMPORTANT AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES (AIS) INFORMATION!
Sherburne County Water Equipment Cleaning Handout
This Document shows how to clean Docks, Lifts, Swim Rafts and other lake equipment.
Shoreland Owner Training for AIS Prevention (video)
This video lays out the best practices each of us can take to mitigate the risks to protect our lake resources for future generations.
AIS EARLY DETECTION RAPID RESPONSE handout
This 4-page document explains what to do if you find a suspicious plant or animal in the lake.
- Prevent the spread of invasive species by carefully cleaning your boat and trailer both before and after using the lake boat launch.
- No power-loading of boats at boat launches. Power loading a boat causes significant damage to the launch. Slow down and use a winch instead of powering the boat onto the trailer.
- Take your garbage and unused bait with you when you leave.
- While boating, circle the lake in a counter-clockwise direction.
- Watch for Loons. There is an active pair of Loons on our lake. Please give them distance.
- Boat Launch hours are 6:00 a.m. to 30 minutes after sunset. Please respect these hours as both of our launches are within residential neighborhoods.